Saturday, February 2, 2008

Remembering the "chupy"

So I was talking to a friend today about how we got rid of Keegan's binky, which we called his chupon or chupy. I had vowed to take it away at 2 years but then my resolve weakened and I put if off until he was 2 1/2. Anyway, we were down to just this last one, so I decided that it was now or never. We warned Keegan about a week ahead of time every day that we were going to send the chupy away. So we bought 3 helium balloons because I really wasn't sure how many it would take, took Keegan to the park, had him say goodbye, and sent the chupy into the atmosphere. That thing seriously took off! I thought that it was going to be really hard for Keegan and it was at first, but after a couple of days he just stopped asking for it and moved on with his life - thank goodness! Still, every time I watch this clip, my heart breaks a little.


No comments: